Saturday, October 23, 2010

Pain is incorporated into our everyday lives. Whether it’s physical like tripping on the sidewalk, getting waxed, or squeezing into your two-sizes-too-small stilettos. Or if it’s emotional: a break up, loneliness, or even more, death. You never know what will happen in the future. Plans change. One event can lead to another that you weren’t expecting. It’s all fate. I believe you choose your fate. Maybe you’re destined to go somewhere, meet certain people, make certain decisions. But the way you get there is all on you. I also believe you learn from your mistakes. You learn to just let go of your amazingly gorgeous stilettos after resisting for all of these years. These events lead you to come face-to-face with fate, but pass it without many difficulties. I can’t help but wonder: if I could part with my Christian Louboutins after struggling and pain, why is it so difficult to part with other relationships? I loved my shoes. I fought with them. They hurt me. And I miss them. But I can forgive-and-forget. I’m not saying shoes are people. But why do relationships, even the smallest ones, leave such a lasting impression on you? Maybe its the fact that you may always think it can work out again: even if they are in another relationship, they could separate. Even if they’ve moved, they can always come back. The fact of the matter is, it was fate. You went through exquisite pain when it was over, but you have to forgive-and-forget.

No comments:

Post a Comment